Setting up GoCardless is simple and straight forward. Please follow the steps below:
1. Log into your MSP account
2. Go to System | Settings | GoCardless Tab
3. Click on the Setup GoCardless button.
4. Follow the on screen instructions to either create a new GoCardless account or log in to link an existing one.
5. Once step 4 is complete press the Resync button to link all your MSP Customers with the GoCardless ones (only applicable if you've linked an existing account). This will match on address line 1 and town OR the email address associated with the customer in GoCardless and the email address assigned to the customer in MSP.
When is a payment requested from GoCardless?
This will happen when you add a new Charge to a customer either from the Job | Transaction screen or completing a job on a worksheet. If the Auto Billing option is enabled on the GoCardless settings this will happen automatically otherwise you will need to toggle an option or press a button to trigger it.
How do I cancel a payment?
Go to the transaction against the job and as long as it's a Pending Payment status you will see a button for this.
How do I retry a failed payment?
Go to the transaction against the job and as long as it's a Failed status you will see a button for this.
When is my customers account updated with the payment?
This is dependant on the option you have set in the GoCardless settings. It will either be done when GoCardless tells us the payment has been paid out to your bank (default) or when the payment is first requested from GoCardless (not advised as you could mark a job as paid when it fails in GoCardless).